Store No. 36
Kick Back Give Back
As a mission minded company we value people above all else. We believe in fair wages and work practices which is why we want our customers to know the actual people behind their purchase. In contrast to many other companies, SOCO Hammocks fully discloses the manufacturing information so that our customers know what they are paying for.
Our mission to be a Socially Conscious company that gives back to empower the poor is why we do what we do.
A small group of artisans in Indonesia, led by Dimy, hand-make every SOCO Hammock with precision and care. Dimyati Syam is the caring leader behind the manufacturing of SOCO hammocks. For his small group of only 8 employees, Dimy provides education, housing, meals, and gives them a percentage of income earned from his slowly increasing customer base. The salaries paid to his factory workers are based on quantity produced, a much better basis of payment as compared to the often low standard of salaries paid to workers in Indonesia. Health and social benefits are also provided to his staff as well.
- We assemble all our hammocks locally in Austin.
- Our straps and buckles are all sourced in the USA and manufactured in Austin TX.
- Our straps are a full 12ft long, which beats any competitors length
- The set up time for our hammocks is the fastest in the industry. (60 seconds)
- We have climbing grade aluminum carabiners, not cheap steel or “not for climbing” clips
- We work with a small group of artisans to produce the hammock bodies and pay above fair wages for manufacturing.
- We give back 10% of all proceeds to fund education programs for impoverished children.