With fifty feet of air between you and your last piece of gear, your medicine is the only thing separating you from the massive whipper, so don’t let your pack weigh you down. Introducing our 45 liter alpine pack, inspired by Old Lodge Skins, a hardy, simple man with Big Medicine. With all the functionality you need to get high in the alpine, and nothing extra, the Big Medicine pack weighs in at a scant 32 oz. That being said, some of our product testers found they actually felt lighter after donning the pack*. Go figure.
- 10L extension sleeve (increases carrying capacity to 55L for the approach).
- Compression straps double as an A-frame ski carry.
- Frameless with a stiff, removable back pad/bivy pad.
- Removable floating lid.
- 3 reinforced haul points. Two on the front panel, one on the back panel.
- The floating lid can be used as a backpack with the included harness.
- Ice tool/axe holders.
- Front daisy chain used as a crampon carry with accessory straps (not included).
- Weighs in at 32 oz. Stripped-down summit pack weight 24 oz.
- Hydration bladder compatible.
- Rope strap/carry over the top of the draw closure.
- Compresses to ~25L.
- 4 compartments/pockets. One main compartment, a small internal mesh pocket, the lid pocket, and a small pocket underneath the lid.
- Removable, 1.5” webbing waist belt.
- A total of 4 main seams on the pack body result in increased water resistance and durability, and decreased weight.
The Big Medicine pack comes in three sizes:
- Small/Medium (torso length of 16-19")
- Medium/Large (torso length of 19-22")
See this sizing guide for more info on how to measure your torso length.
*The mental sanity of a select few of our product testers has recently come into question.